The Brook Hospitals is starting an open ended 6 week CD
education program at our Elizabethtown, Kentucky Office. This
education program is designed to educate the adolescent on the
consequences and risk associated with alcohol and drug use.
It also helps each participant make healthier and better informed
choices for their future.
Topics for weekly groups:
- The effects of alcohol and drugs on the brain and your
- The foundation dynamics of addiction, progression and how those
choices place people at risk.
- Weighing the benefits/cost and legal risks of a participants
current alcohol and drug use (this will be done in association with
local CDW and KSP officer).
- Alcohol and drug prevention techniques, drink/drug refusal
skills and peer pressure concerns.
- Boundary tools and skills for enhancing self esteem and self
- Family meeting to discuss parents concerns about their teens
usage and what the family can do.
CD Education Program will be held every Monday from 6:00 pm –
7:00 pm (Start date December 5, 2011). Program will be led by Sarah
Granberg, LCSW, MAC (Masters Addiction Counselor).
Cost is $20 per group or $100 total if paid in full prior to
first group attended.
The Brook Hospitals – Elizabethtown Outreach Center
6 Public Square
For information or to register, please contact Jerry Lucas at