The Brook Hospitals is starting an open ended 6 week CD education program at our Elizabethtown, Kentucky Office. This education program is designed to educate the adolescent on the consequences and risk associated with alcohol and drug use. It also helps each participant make healthier and better informed choices for their future.
Topics for weekly groups:
- The effects of alcohol and drugs on the brain and your body.
- The foundation dynamics of addiction, progression and how those choices place people at risk.
- Weighing the benefits/cost and legal risks of a participants current alcohol and drug use (this will be done in association with local CDW and KSP officer).
- Alcohol and drug prevention techniques, drink/drug refusal skills and peer pressure concerns.
- Boundary tools and skills for enhancing self esteem and self worth.
- Family meeting to discuss parents concerns about their teens usage and what the family can do.
CD Education Program will be held every Monday from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (Start date December 5, 2011). Program will be led by Sarah Granberg, LCSW, MAC (Masters Addiction Counselor).
Cost is $20 per group or $100 total if paid in full prior to first group attended.
The Brook Hospitals – Elizabethtown Outreach Center
6 Public Square
For information or to register, please contact Jerry Lucas at (270) 300-7828.